We at VeganZine are holding ourselves and our fellow vegan-friendly businesses accountable when it comes to speaking out against racial injustice. We took a look at some of the companies we all know & love who have taken a strong stance. Check out their actions below — we’re looking forward to seeing their continued efforts and updating this post as we learn more.
has created a GoFundMe to raise money to support two black-owned vegan businesses to start, Discover Vegans & Cabo Vegan! They already reached their original goal of $2K but plan to keep it going in hopes of raising more for other businesses.
Recently donated to the following organizations:
- Urban Farming Institute
- Uprise for Equality fundraiser to support Cabo Vegan, Discover Vegans, and other startups from Black entrepreneurs
- Brooklyn Bail Fund
- MA Bail Fund (ongoing monthly donation)
- Black Hospitality Coalition (ongoing monthly donations)
- Black Lives Matter Boston (ongoing monthly donation)
recently donated to the following organizations:
donated 10% of a week of sales to various BLM initiatives.
SOCIAL MEDIA STATEMENTS:
- Coordinating a company-wide dialogine on anti-racism led by outside experts
- Creating cross-functional task groups to enhance existing programs and establish new ways to support company diversity
- Support BIPOC-led organizations
- Refine hiring & promotion practices to build more diverse teams
has been consistently vocal on their social media. There they show their Black Lives Matter banner hanging in the front door, shared facts about Juneteenth, and have updated their seasonal Pride logo to be inclusive of BIPOC.